For the already active teacher or healer, this mentorship can be helpful if you feel like you are dealing with repeating issues as a healer or teacher (having the same difficulties in business, the same student/patient issues, etc. again and again).
The purpose of the program for most of you will be about helping you to more clearly understand yourself and what you uniquely offer as a healer and/or teacher. Many people come into spiritual teaching and healing with misguided notions about saving the world, but this is not what we are here to do. We are here to help when called upon. We offer the gifts that most naturally come from us, and we are here to be as we are because being is the greatest teaching or healing we can ever offer anyone.
I am interested in helping people work through deep core issues to be extremely clear vessels of light and kindness. This means that you'll be the right kind of mentee if you thrive in intensity and are interested in doing really rigorous inner work beyond what you have already done. My methods will vary by person, and as always, I'm helping you to break open to your gifts. I am not imposing or offering a specific methodology, but I certainly have some structures and ways of working as a teacher that I'll make available to you. This spiritual mentorship really isn't meant for someone who just wants to do a little energy healing on others or teach basic meditation. There are plenty of other classes and teachers who can mentor you on doing that. This program is for the serious spiritual teacher or healer who wants to make this their life work and help others break free of core pain, trauma, and other issues.
Spiritual Teacher Mentorship Program DetailsPeople Who May Want to Consider This Mentorship Program:
- Aspiring healers
- Aspiring spiritual teachers
- Current spiritual teachers who want to refine and improve their practice
- Current spiritual healers who want to refine and improve their practice
Many teachers and healers have cobbled together their spiritual practices from multiple sources, or they've relied very heavily on one lineage or tradition. For those who are ready to fill in the gaps and expand beyond what they current know, this mentorship program is an opportunity to do so.
Those of you who are aspiring to teach and/or heal have the opportunity to learn from a spiritual teacher who teaches on the heart, mind, body, and energy levels.
Being qualified for this program means that you have already done a lot of inner work and that you are a current, active student of mine. Knowing who you are is more than conceptual understanding, but it doesn't mean having resolved every issue you have. Some key qualifications include:
- Having a regular practice and established way to maintain your self-care
- Having an understanding of most of your core issues as well as resolution of some of them (core issues include scarcity fears, lack of self-worth, fear of the unknown, fear of death, etc.)
- Healing of any deep pain or trauma (You are not ready to be a healer or teacher if you are still carrying trauma inside.)
- Having worked with me as a student for at least 3 years
- Ability to be open-hearted while hearing difficult things about others or about you
- A deep understanding and appreciation of different spiritual traditions that you plan to use in your teaching/healing work (For instance, if you like the Reiki modality, then you should be well-versed in it or getting additional training in it as well as being mentored by me.)
Obviously, understanding and releasing core issues is serious work, but so is being a spiritual teacher and/or healer. It is important to really know all the stuff you are bringing into your work with others so that you don't have any surprises come up in you when you are helping others. And these surprises can come from the heart, body, mind, and energy, which is why all levels must be addressed, healed, and allowed to grow into maturity.
If you are not a student of mine, please check out the sessions section to learn how to become one:
Northern Nevada. This is in-person work. You will have to be local or willing to relocate for an extended period of time.
- Weekly one-on-one spiritual sessions
- Weekly meetings going through topics in the curriculum
- Auditing of other student sessions where a student approves of having a third-party witnessing
- Homework and research of other modalities that you want to use to gain proficiency
- Extended sessions for in-depth examination of remaining core issues
- Deliberate triggering of issues (If you can't handle criticism, you may have extended work with me where I or another is criticizing you relentlessly. It sounds intense, and it is. But your students/clients can bring all kinds of stuff out of you if you are not prepared.)
The mentorship program is likely to last in the vicinity of 5 years. I take this very seriously because there are so many wounded healers and incomplete teachers trying to fix others or teach others when they do not fully understand themselves and what spirituality is all about. This leads to excessive confusion for spiritual students and clients that serves no good purpose. The multi-year commitment shows your willingness to truly know yourself and to appreciate the depth and power of the work you'll share with dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of students.
Number of Mentees:
1 mentee at any given time
Here are some of the top-level topics that would be covered:
- Commitment Ceremony
- Going Deeper in Your Own Spiritual Discovery
- Evolving Spiritual Self-Care
- Privacy and your boundaries
To give you a glimpse of some of the in-depth topics that could be covered, here's some of what may be under the "Teaching" section:
- Helping Students Find Their Own Wisdom
- When to Let a Student Go
- How to Be With a Student's Pain
- Perceiving the Deceptive Student with Ulterior Motives
- Being Loved and Being Hated by Students: Being With Both and Understanding the Truth
- The Importance of Your Self-Care and Maintaining a Disciplined Spiritual Practice
- When to Push a Student
- How to Set Up the Right Business for You
- How to work (or not work) on a "bad" day
- How to Ask for Money and Be in Integrity With Reciprocity
This will be determined in discussions between myself and the mentee. It will most likely be done on a monthly basis given the long-term commitment of the process.
Please click on the following link and fill out the form if you are a CURRENT student and are interested in working with me as a mentor.
Click here to get started enrolling in the spiritual mentorship program with Jim Tolles.