It seems fitting to talk about giving and receiving at this time of year as many people who celebrate Christmas are focusing on that. It, unfortunately, often is a time of great stress, and many people are caught up in feelings of obligation, looking for the "perfect" gifts for everyone, trying to get others to give them what they really want, and receiving gifts that they don't really want. Clearly, we can see that the ego is hard at work, which is why so many people hate the holidays. In the hopes of helping you remember the joys of giving and receiving, I am offering this free webinar.
In this spirituality webinar, I'll talk about things such as:
- The nature of reciprocity and the flow of life
- How to receive without expectations
- How to give without expectations and feeling obligated
- Noticing why you want the gifts that you want
- Seeing how family obligations are mixed up with love and sharing
- Why giving and receiving should continue beyond just one holiday season
- Practicing giving to your community
- Noticing what you value as good gifts versus unworthy gifts
30 to 40 minute talk. Then a 30 to 20 minute Q&A session.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
6 pm Pacific Standard Time
(Be sure to figure out the time difference if applicable)
25 (that's the limit of the service I'm using)
At this time, I need someone able to do some video editing to be able to present the webinar recordings. If you are willing to donate time to help me with this, please contact me through my contact form and write "Video Editing" in the subject line.
The squirrel photo is a gift from Arran Edmonstone. You can check out his latest photos on this flickr link.