The great news (especially for those skeptics out there) is that this entirely testable. If you just have a cold and not what I would term as a type of energy sickness, a half hour of meditation will do virtually nothing. In which case, you go put on the tea kettle to make another cup of tea and go back to bed. If you are energetically sick, then doing some energy work or getting energy healing has very marked if not dramatic results that can erase the symptoms. With that said, let's get into this topic, which is probably brand new for...well, just about everyone.
What Is Energy Sickness?
Energy sickness arises when we get off-balance, out-of-alignment, or otherwise energetically drained past our system's ability to self regulate. While anyone can have this arise and if someone is out-of-alignment for long periods of their lives other chronic illnesses and diseases can arise, I am only speaking towards energy sickness in regards to healing and awakening shifts.
Energy sickness can have these signs:
- Low energy and no energy to do anything
- Cold like systems (runny nose, cough, etc.)
- Feeling cold and shivering
Techniques for Addressing Energy Sickness
Now the great news is that if you are energetically drained potentially to the point of being sick, you can easily test this. By doing some kind of energy re-charge of your choosing, you can find out pretty quickly if this is an energy low or if you really are sick. Here are a couple of ways to find out:
- Meditate. A half hour of meditation and focused breathing sometimes is all you need. It can feel like magic just how quickly you can respond to being in quiet presence. Aligning the spine is important here as energy can flow naturally that way, and if something had been cut off, that alignment will naturally resolve it.
- Meditate with energy visualizations. If visualizations work for you, then you can imagine connecting to the divine and to the Earth and drawing in energy from the divine. You can breathe into each energy center in your body as a way to replenish them. If one energy center feels particularly low, then you may focus more time there to help re-charge.
- Listen to sound healing. The beauty of online video sites is that you can access sound healing at any time day or night. This is a wonderful way to receive from "another" without needing to contact anyone specifically. There are all kinds of frequencies and meditations to experiment with, and I can only encourage you to trust your inner knowing to find what works for you.
- Find an energy healer. If the above techniques work but do not last, then I recommend finding an energy healer who is right for you. There are all kinds of types of healing (Reiki, craniosacral therapy, the meridian system from Chinese medicine, and so forth), so spend time to see what works for you. The added support here can help you clear any blocks and help you to see how you're continuing to go back out of alignment and re-creating the sickness.
- Work with a spiritual teacher. Let me be clear that not all spiritual teachers work this way, but those of us who do understand energy can be helpful if the benefits of the above four are only temporary. With a spiritual teacher, you can discover the deeper mental, emotional, karmic, energetic, and physical blocks that keep draining you and putting you back into energy sickness.
Continuing Energy Sickness
Once again, I can't emphasize enough that you have to see if energy work helps. If it significantly helps, then you can move towards the conclusion that you have energy sickness. This world is a sticky, tangled place, so everything is intertwined. We have to be mindful not to run to conclusions and rule out the possibility of an actual physical ailment that may simply be part of our spiritual path and that requires Western medicine.
Back to the topic at hand, if you can tell that this truly is energy sickness and it is only mitigated and not erased by the above five techniques, then you might consider your environment. While we cannot run away from the world or difficult situations (nor should we), some places are just toxic. There may simply be so much pain and dis-ease in a place, that it drains us too much. This can be like a bad workplace (imagine working or living in a prison). While inmates have their own karma to address, prison guards have to go into a deeply unconscious and pain-filled environment every day. If a person is too open, this can be very draining and lead to the individual having excessive sicknesses.
More simply for those of you who are in the awakening shift, any toxic relationship or situation is more acutely felt as you slough away old issues and unhealthy barriers to connection. If the energy of your home is bad, this can be a cause of continued energy sickness. A city or local neighborhood can also be bad. Heck, even a country can have a toxic energetic vibration and leaves for a different location can be critical in some cases.
In some ways, understanding your energy and energy sickness, specifically, is like looking for the hole in the balloon. Most of the time, we have to address the hole first. Holes are caused by fear, senses of obligation, anger, and other unconscious elements within us. But if you've addressed the holes, then sometimes, it's just time to go.
Enhance Energetic Sensitivities
One of the things that does not go away is being energetically sensitive. The more we heal and awaken, the more sensitive we tend to become. That means we are more aware of how life is flowing and where there is supportive energy and where spaces are depleting. This clarity allows us to set appropriate energetic boundaries, but along with that, we continue to do our work to notice where other holes in our balloons may be. We never blame the environment or other people first. We always looks to ourselves, and in so doing, we better understand our sensitivities as well as our strengths.
Being energetically sensitive is not a weakness. In fact, it is a wonderful gift that allows us to see and respond to deeper energetic movements in life and relationships that others never see. In so doing, we can find a level of deep harmony and flow that fits and suits us best. When we do that, we naturally find energy support that replenishes us to over-flowing and allows us to stay healthy, vibrant, and loving.