So many people are starved for real connection. The depth of genuine connection in my sessions is one of the reasons that many people enjoy having me as a spiritual teacher, but I am not an army of one. Thus, the inspiration for this talk is to help you develop and spread these abilities so you can create and enhance genuine spiritual relationships. Whether it's a long-time friend, a new friend, or a lover, you can offer a lot to them by how you listen and hold space.
If you are already good at this, the next step in deepening these abilities includes staying open in difficult moments or when you disagree with something. As such, I'll go into this as well for those of you who are already adept at creating spiritual friendships. We can always improve in these areas of connection.
If you want to stay up to date on all my local San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California events, click on the link below to sign up for that specific newsletter:
Hear About Jim's Northern California Talks
- Learn to create spiritual relationships
- Deepen current relationships
- Improve your abilities to be with difficult relationships
- Connect with me and my energy
- Meet other spiritual people and potentially make a new friend
Talk DetailsDay: Sunday, May 18, 2014
Time: 10 am to 12 pm PST
Place: Oakland, CA (The address will be given to those who register. It is about 20 minutes walk from 19th St. BART and near 580.)
Number of Attendees: 5 to 6
What to Bring
In general, these are some good items to have with you:
- Pen and notebook to take notes
- Comfortable clothing
- A cushion if you have a specific type of cushion you like to sit on when meditating
- Food to share if you so choose
But donations of $5, $10, $20, or another amount are deeply appreciated.