Right now (and this will change as I grow on my path), I really see five types of relationships:
Conscious relationships (which can include some of the above ones)
In this webinar, I hope to help you identify the types of relationships that you're in and to better understand how they're functioning for you in your spiritual growth. The point is not to find the perfect relationship, but to better understand yourself and what you are co-creating with others.
Sign Up Here for this Free Spirituality Webinar
But by-and-large, people are not skillful in their relationships. They don't know why they have the bosses, the lovers, friends, and others that they do. Most people think that life is just something that is happening to them. Those of you on the spiritual path are learning otherwise. As such, I wanted to share my current thoughts on the different types of relationships that you may encounter. They're not mutually exclusive, although some really are distinct from others.
- Static relationships. These don't move. They tend to like to stay at the same level of awareness (or at least have that illusion). So your drinking buddy just wants to hang out and drink with you. When one of you wants to do more or gets tired of drinking, that relationship ends.
- Karmic relationships. This is what most relationships are in my mind--an opportunity to learn about ourselves. Typically, a lot of karmic relationships will end once you've learned what you need to learn from the relationship.
- Transitional relationships. A great example of this is your high school English teacher. Your relationship with this person lasted until you had finished the course. Then it was done. However, there are many kinds of transitional relationships, especially during awakening. These people come to help you through a time period in your life (a spiritual caretaker is one example), and then they leave when that is over. This can include many romantic partners and friends too.
- Evolving relationships. This is a type of relationship that a lot of people probably think they have, but probably don't because they don't understand themselves well enough to see the karmic cycle they're in. An evolving relationship will change in depth and connection over time. Sometimes, two people may become less and less connected in an evolving relationship. Every relationship evolution is different.
- Conscious relationships. In a conscious relationship, both people know that relationships are all ultimately transitory. This idea is embraced as is the idea of spiritual growth. As such, two people support each other in growing.
Format:30 to 40 minute talk. Then a 30 to 20 minute question and answer session.
Date:Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Time:10:30 am Pacific Standard Time
(Be sure to figure out the time difference if applicable)
25 (that's the limit of the service I'm using)
But donations are greatly appreciated, especially since I am still building up my spiritual teaching practice.
The donation button for this blog is on the right-hand side.