Obviously, being open-hearted in a difficult moment doesn't always mean that we enjoy it, so in this talk, I'll offer some ideas about becoming heart strong and how we can step into and out of difficulty with loving integrity.
If you want to be kept up to date on all my local San Francisco Bay Area events, please sign up for my local newsletter on this link:
Local Newsletter Sign Up Link
Opening Your Heart to Difficult Moments
Opening our hearts when we feel loved and supported can be a natural thing (although it is often a big issue for many people). However, to be open-hearted when we are feeling attacked or otherwise maligned is challenging. In this talk, I'll offer some ideas about:
- How the nature of being open-hearted can change in emotional and mental tenor beyond the typical way we feel open and loving
- How we learn to notice our initial reactions in stressful situations
- How we can learn to hear wisdom and inspiration in the things we don't like
- How we let go of another person's issues when they may be trying to off-load their concerns onto us
- How we practice staying open-hearted in easier situations to build up our "heart strength"
DateSunday, February 16, 2014
Time10 am to 12 pm PST
LocationPleasant Hill, CA (Full details are available after registering)
Schedule10 to 10:15 -- Meet and Greet
10:15 to 10:30 -- Introduction
10:30 to 11:00 -- Guided Meditation
11 to 11:10 -- Short Break
11:10 to 12 -- Talk and Q&A
Number of Attendees
5 to 6
I won't go above 10 people because I want to create a safe intimate environment for people to connect.
What to BringI have lots of chairs and a big couch. I will be offering some tea. In general, these are some good items to have with you:
- Pen and notebook to talk notes
- Comfortable clothing
- A cushion if you have a specific type of cushion you like to sit on when meditating
- Food to share if you so choose
But donations of $5, $10, $20, or another amount are deeply appreciated.
The old building picture accompanying this post is a gift from Becky Stiller. You can see more of her lovely work on her Flickr account.