But in so doing, we are not in a place of blaming, appeasing, or coddling our families. They are who they are. They have their paths to follow just as we do. Depending on your relationship with your family, you'll get more or less participation in helping to break old issues. But by and large, you're probably on your own the deeper you go. Many of the "common sense" ideas you grew up on will get uprooted and shown as untrue or twisted up with hidden fears. Some of the very things that used to comfort you about your family (maybe it was those big family dinners) will suddenly become unbearable because of whatever is being hidden or buried under a mountain of food. It can be quite startling for some people to find out how sick their families are after believing otherwise. And of course, it can go the other way where you realize how much more beautiful they are than you'd once thought.
Obviously, we have a lot to discuss. Fill out the form below to join in on this free webinar.
Sign Up Here for this Spiritual Awakening Webinar
Some things I am likely to discuss include:
- Loving your family where they are in their personal growth
- Making space for changes in your family dynamics as you grow
- Making space for non-acceptance from your family as you grow
- Discerning family issues and how you enact them in your everyday life
- Getting to the deeper roots underneath family issues (Just because mom and her mom and her mom all married alcoholics doesn't mean that codependency is the core issue. Bigger issues with self-worth and needing men for financial support as part of survival can be hidden under that)
Format:30 to 40 minute talk. Then a 30 to 20 minute question and answer session.
Date:Wednesday, February 11, 2014
Time:6 PM Pacific Time
(Be sure to figure out the time difference if applicable)
Attendees:25 (that's the limit of the service I'm using)
But donations are greatly appreciated.
The donation button for this blog is on the right-hand side.