In this webinar, I'll offer tips about what makes a conscious relationship different from an unconscious relationship. Much of what you'll hear will be the usual good relationship advice (clear communication, making time for each other, yada yada yada). But there's more to it on the spiritual path because we also learn to find our issues reflected back to us in our relationships. A conscious relationships offers us the chance to grow through the intensity of connections, especially in romantic partnerships. There's also the opportunity to practice discerning when it's time to let go of someone and when it's time to lean in and be more committed to a relationship.
If this sounds interesting, feel free to register for this next free spirituality webinar below.
Register for the Free Webinar Here!
Create your own user feedback survey
In general, relationships (the interactions between two or more people) are an opportunity to grow in romantic connection, friendship connection, work connection, academic connection, and more. The more we learn to see people as they are, the more relationships can flower because you'll actually interact with the real person rather than trying to interact with the idea of the person. Many of you already know what it's like when someone tries to interact with you through behaviors you no longer have interest in. Children as they become adults often say, "Stop treating me like a kid!" What's going on here? The parent is still committed to the idea of their child and not the actual person standing in front of them.
Some other points I'm likely to touch upon in this webinar include:
- Figuring out how you project your perceptions onto other people in your life
- Honoring other people's wishes to not be in a conscious relationship and letting them be as they are
- Appreciating the intensity that comes up with being seen as you are and adjusting to being truly vulnerable with another person
- Appreciating the diversity of relationships in your life and their diverse needs and durations (No relationship lasts forever)
- The importance of keeping it simple as you learn to interact in a conscious relationship
- Discovering all your romantic fairy tales
- Identifying core elements of unconscious relationships and conscious relationships
- Letting life be messy and allowing relationships to be imperfect
- Remembering that relationships require work from both sides
Format:30 to 40 minute talk. Then a 30 to 20 minute question and answer session.
Date:Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Time:10:30 AM Pacific Time
(Be sure to figure out the time difference if applicable)