Now, let me be clear; at the outset of a lot of spiritual journeys, many people need this kind of self-improvement mentality. When you're dealing with abuse, old pain, addictions, and the general inertia of being stuck in old patterns, having the aspiration to achieve some kind of potential or goal is extremely useful. It gets people moving.
However, as you mature on the spiritual path, this idea of achievement becomes increasingly problematic. We have to ask what part of us wants to achieve something and why?
What is potential? And when you've achieved this "potential" what will be different?
What will you have that you don't now have after achieving this goal? Why do you need to achieve something?
Is this pursuit an embracing of something or actually a running away?
These and some other questions I'll offer will hopefully help you to delve into this idea so that you do not get trapped in a pursuit that will keep you blind to the truth.
Sign Up for the Free Webinar Here!
Create your own user feedback survey
However, the mentality of achieving your highest spiritual potential brings with it many illusions, and this is where many people will get trapped on their spiritual journeys. They'll be attempting to get somewhere, which often negates the very present moment in which they are in. The present moment becomes simply a means of getting somewhere else rather than the place of peace and love it always is. In short, the truth is often masked by the pursuit instead of revealed by the pursuit of your spiritual potential
With all that said, here are some additional thoughts I'm likely to delve into:
- What growing into our true selves really means
- Howe we can uncover hidden ego agendas that are part of striving for a spiritual ideal or potential
- How to find the right spiritual supporters in our life to help us see our blindspots
- How to discover when other people on the spiritual path are trapped
- Learning to trust the vulnerability and openness within that will guide you to your natural spiritual growth
- How to let go of goals and any idea of what your life should look like
Format:30 to 40 minute talk. Then a 30 to 20 minute question and answer session.
Date:Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Time:10:30 AM Pacific Time
(Be sure to figure out the time difference if applicable)