Major Healing and the Impetus for Spiritual Awakening
As I'll repeat regularly, no one can plan for a spiritual awakening. It's not convenient. It doesn't do it on a day when you don't have to look after the kids or go to work. It just happens. Sometimes a major healing can feel like it. Healing an issue like scarcity will really shake up your life, and in any healing, there are the seeds of awakening. But it's also possible that when you heal and shake up your life, the release of all that energy could burst into something bigger, something even more profound. Which would feel shocking because suddenly you're already feeling so good because you've healed from this issue. But that's the thing: you're healed. You're actually learning what it feels like to be healthy. That can be its own awakening in and of itself. And really, everyone will feel spiritual awakening very differently. I simply am saying that you should make space on your plate for something even bigger.
Techniques to Face a Fear of Scarcity
But don't let me get ahead of myself. You're not healed yet. And many of you don't even know how; many more people don't even know they're sick. So let's start with some simple tips to apply to your every day life.
- Tip #1: Notice how you use money. Money is energy, and it also says a lot about how we're feeling. Spending lots doesn't necessarily signal abundance. It may signal a reaction that comes from scarcity fears. You may want to show others that you have a lot. On the other side of the coin, you may be very miserly. You make Scrooge look like the giving tree. Okay, I'm exaggerating. The point is to look at how you use money and to see what feelings you associate with it.
- Tip #2: Give without attachment. When you give to someone and you want something back--a smile, a compliment, another gift--you are moving from a space of scarcity. You are intrinsically afraid that you will be weakened or depleted. In truth, genuine giving is its own reward. You can do this at any time of year too. It can add a whole new element to your friendships and other relationships to randomly give. It doesn't have to be big. It just has to be genuine.
- Tip #3: Receive without issue or sense of deservedness. It's extremely frightening for some people to receive. In some respects, this influx of energy is illuminating their scarcity. They're so afraid to allow anything in because they think someone will see that they can't be self-sufficient or other things. The sentiments and words change slightly, but it's always a variant around "I can't have this or I shouldn't have this." The flip side are the people who are so needy that they always think everything should be given to them. Clearing this sense of perpetual scarcity is important, and for individuals who feel so deserving, tip #2 is really important.
- Tip #4: Let go of things. Hoarding is a pandemic problem. It doesn't just have to be money. It can be all kinds of things that clutter up your home. That scarcity issue is once again saying, "I have to hold onto everything to survive." So, doing an old fashioned closet clean-out could be a major first step to seeing all the things you don't need. Those physical things and items on the energetic level become blockages to absorbing new things in your life. In so many ways, things on the physical level play a role to the energetic level. You may be surprised what now flows into your life when you practice the art of letting go.
- Tip #5 Not all wealth is good wealth. In a culture so focused on accumulating money, you may think that you've made it at some point when you're wealthy. But the wealth that you've acquired may be rotting you out because you've gotten it illegally or through immoral or disingenuous means. You need to give this money away. You're not coming from a clean space, and you're likely to continue to hoard more money as you now try to protect this current mass of money. It will only get worse. Begin to find a new line of work to legitimately earn money. If you become wealthy that way, you'll feel a vastly improved sense of accomplishment and energy around it.
These issues don't go easily. Too many social structures and beliefs think that acting in certain ways is okay. The ends justifies the means, right? Well, this Machiavellian attitude is outdated and out of context (for the most part in how it's used). Making changes to how you approach your life, money, and your sense of abundance will run counter to popular thought. People say things like "How can you walk away from a six figure job?" "Why don't you have the latest gadget?" "When are you going to buy a home?" Lots of these acquisitions go beyond what you really need, and as you develop your sense of what's really important to survival, your purchasing habits change dramatically. The spiritual path is actually very simple, and as you clear out scarcity issues, you will very likely find a natural tendency towards greater simplicity in all aspects of your life. As this happens, acquiring money becomes a fundamentally different experience, and your motives tend to shift towards more altruistic interests, e.g. helping others through donations.
You Will Survive
At the heart of a scarcity issue is this sense that you won't survive. It's been showing up in your life in multitudes of ways. As you find those ways and bring your awareness to them, you are reclaiming your life in one of the most fundamental ways that you can. It's a scary process because you're also going to have to learn how to be with your life in a whole new way. But rest assured that you can do it. It's possible. It's natural, and it's time.
Next blog: Clearing the Family Imprint and Expectations for Life Work